The Education Professional Standards Board (EPSB) maintains the
array of tests required for teacher and administrator certification,
and oversees an active research agenda. The EPSB publishes reports and information related to quality
in educator preparation and practice. In addition, EPSB provides
research support and cooperates with a variety of external researchers.
The regulations pertaining to teacher testing is 16 KAR 6:010.
Administrator assement requirements may be found at: http://www.ets.org/sls/states/ky
Teacher assesment requirments may be found at: http://www.ets.org/praxis/ky
Career Technical Educator Teacher assesment cut scores may be found at: http://www.epsb.ky.gov/documents/EduPrep/CTEAssessmentOrder.pdf
The EPSB’s web portal allows educators to create private accounts, update demographic information, and have read-only access to their certification records with 24/7 secure access.
- Registered members may use the web portal to check on application status.
- Certification fees may be electronically paid using E-Pay.
- School district administrators can obtain certification data on current or potential employees using the KY Educator Certification Inquiry program.
Note: Candidates should keep name and contact information at the EPSB up-to-date. Failure to
update your personal information within the EPSB certification
database may delay processing of your certification application.
To verify your information is current, complete the steps below.
1. Visit www.epsb.ky.gov.
2. Choose the “Login to EPSB” button located on the
lower left side of the home page.
3. If you do not currently have an account, follow the prompts
to obtain an account. If you do not remember your user name and/or
password, follow the prompts to obtain them.
4. Once you log in, choose the “My Demographics”
link under “My Online Account Settings.”
5. Verify and/or update your information, then choose “update”
at the bottom of the page.
If you complete a Kentucky-required test at a test center in Kentucky,
your score report will be sent to the EPSB automatically. If
you test outside of Kentucky, you will need to have your score
report forwarded to the EPSB.
100 Airport Road, 3rd Floor
Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
Phone: (502) 564-5778
Fax: (502) 564-9484
Toll Free: (888) 598-7667
Contact the Division
of Internship & Assessment